Sports, psychology, and female athletes
Whole athlete care
Questions to consider asking an injured athlete
- How have you been dealing with your injury and recovery from an emotional standpoint?
- Do you feel sad or depressed about your recovery?
- Do you feel that you are able to control how well you will do with your rehab?
- Do you think you have the mental and physical skills needed to get better?
- How are you feeling about yourself at this time in your recovery?
- Have you been able to stay involved with your team and teammates?
- Do you feel like you’re ready to return to sports?
Unique stressors on female athletes
- unequal access to sports opportunities, facilities, and equipment
- objectification and trivialization of female athletes
- sexual harassment and violence
- body image concerns and pressure to maintain an unhealthy weight
Source: Read Full Article